Edmonton Taekwondo & Martial Arts School
Preserving the past. Pioneering the future of Martial Arts
About Spirit TKD…
At Spirit Taekwondo Academy our goal is to offer quality martial arts instruction to all who want to learn.
Your goal may be to achieve a level of fitness, to build confidence or to experience the thrill of competition. Whatever the reason, you are invited to blend the body and mind in a study of the most exciting martial art offered anywhere.
Our Teaching Philosophy…
Our teaching methods must be good. They’ve been around for thousands of years!
For centuries, millions of people have benefited from the teaching of Martial Arts, a system of self-defense created in the Orient that does not advocate the use of weapons. Instead, it is a philosophy that believes in strengthening the mind and body through self-discipline, fitness, and awareness.
- March 8: Daylight Savings – Spring Ahead 1 Hour
- March 14: Alberta Open Championships – NO CLASSES. Please Note: The Alberta Taekwondo Association is looking for 6 volunteers for this event. If you can help out please let Master Le know. You will be provided free admission and lunch. Duties may include security or ring management. If your child is in the tournament, they will accommodate so you can watch your child compete.
- March 21 Black Belt Physical Test at Elite Taekwondo at 1:00 pm. Please Note: Black Belt Candidates, you must pass this in order to do the technical test in June.
- March 27 Promotion Test at Elite Taekwondo. 9831 – 45 Avenue NW. Doors open at 5:30 pm and testing starts at 6:00 pm
- April 3 – 6: Easter Long Weekend – NO CLASSES
- April 24: Promotion Test at Spirit Taekwondo. Doors open at 5:30 pm and testing starts at 6:00 pm