Edmonton Taekwondo & Martial Arts School
Preserving the past. Pioneering the future of Martial Arts
About Spirit TKD…
At Spirit Taekwondo Academy our goal is to offer quality martial arts instruction to all who want to learn.
Your goal may be to achieve a level of fitness, to build confidence or to experience the thrill of competition. Whatever the reason, you are invited to blend the body and mind in a study of the most exciting martial art offered anywhere.
Our Teaching Philosophy…
Our teaching methods must be good. They’ve been around for thousands of years!
For centuries, millions of people have benefited from the teaching of Martial Arts, a system of self-defense created in the Orient that does not advocate the use of weapons. Instead, it is a philosophy that believes in strengthening the mind and body through self-discipline, fitness, and awareness.
- Sept 1: Labour Day – NO CLASSES
- Sept 2: Draw for PS4 System – To be done in the first class
- Sept 8: Start Fall Schedule
- Sept 9: Pee Wee Classes Begin
- Sept 9 & 11: Last Sparring Club classes until Sparring Team starts on those days. Sparring Club will continue on Fridays once a week
- Sept 13: Black Belt Physical Test in preparation for winter Black Belt Test. 1 pm at Elite Taekwondo
- Sept 15: 6 week Fitness Class Begins
- Sept 16: Sparring Team Begins
- Sept 21:Taekwondo Helping Adult n Kids Foundation is hosting their AGM and Annual Welcome BBQ on Sunday, Sept 21 at 1 pm at Castledowns/YMCA Spray Park. More information will be posted on Facebook and the information board in the boot room
- Sept 26: Promotion Test at 6 pm – Spirit Taekwondo. Doors open at 5:30 pm. Registration due Thursday September 26th.
- Oct 13: Thanksgiving – NO CLASSES
- Oct 18: K.H. Min Tournament – Edmonton
- Oct 24: Promotion Test at 6 pm – Elite Taekwondo. Doors open at 5:30 pm. Registration due Thursday October 24th.
- Oct 31: Halloween – NO CLASSES